Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Oncology and Hematology
active ingredients: Calcium levofolinate
laboratory: Wyeth Pharmaceuticals FR
Lyophilisate for IV injection
Treatment of colorectal cancers in combination with 5-fluorouracil.
Dosage ELVORINE 100 mg Lyophilisate for parenteral use (IV) Box of 1 vial of powder of 100 mg
Most used treatment regimen:
- L-folinic acid : 100 mg / m² / day slow intravenous injection (10 minutes).
Calcium levofolinate should be administered before 5-fluorouracil.
- 5-fluorouracil : 300 to 400 mg / m² / day as a short infusion or as a bolus.
Calcium levofolinate and 5-fluorouracil will be administered 5 days in a row every 3 to 4 weeks.
Administration mode :
Dissolve the contents of the 100 ml vial in 10 ml of water ppi. The final concentration is 10 mg / ml.
The resulting solution is compatible with isotonic glucose or saline.
Related to the administration of 5-fluorouracil:
Elvorine side effects
When combined with 5-fluorouracil, they depend on the dose and schedule of administration of 5-fluorouracil:
- diarrhea: in the elderly, risk of dehydration (see precautions for use),
- mucositis, stomatitis,
- cutaneous reactions: dryness of the skin, erythema,
- moderate haematological toxicity.
Very rare hypersensitivity reactions (urticaria, angioedema and anaphylactoid or anaphylactic shock) have been reported.