Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Hydrocorticone aceponate
laboratory: Galderma Internat
30 g tube
Hydrophilic cream efficacy is suitable for the treatment of acute oozing lesions .
1. Preferred indications where local corticosteroid therapy is held for the best treatment:
- contact eczema,
- atopic dermatitis,
2. Indications where local corticosteroid therapy is one of the usual treatments:
stasis dermatitis (varicose eczema),
- sclero-atrophic genital lichen,
- non-parasitic prurigo,
- granuloma annulare,
- discoid lupus erythematosus,
- Palmoplantar amicrobial pustulosis
- seborrheic dermatitis with the exception of the face,
- symptomatic treatment of pruritus of fungus mycosis.
3. Indication of circumstances for a short period of time:
insect bites and parasitic prurigo after etiological treatment.
Dosage EFFICORT 0, 127% Hydrophilic cream 30 g tube
Applications are limited to two per day.
An increase in the number of daily applications could aggravate the adverse effects without improving the therapeutic effects.
The treatment of large areas requires monitoring of the number of tubes used.
For rational use, it is advisable to apply the product in spaced apart keys and spread it by massaging gently until it is fully absorbed.
Some dermatoses (psoriasis, atopic dermatitis ...) make it desirable to stop progressively: it can be obtained by reducing the frequency of applications and / or by using a less strong or less dosed corticosteroid.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the products contained in the preparation.
- Contraindications of local corticosteroids, especially cutaneous infections of bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic origin even if they include an inflammatory component.
- Ulcerated lesions.
Adverse effects Efficort
- Are feared in case of prolonged use, especially steroids Class I and II (very strong and strong activity): cutaneous atrophy, telangiectasia (especially to fear on the face), stretch marks (at the root of the limbs including and occurring more readily in adolescents); ecchymotic purpura secondary to atrophy, skin fragility.
- In the face, corticosteroids may be the cause of peri-oral dermatitis or create or aggravate rosacea (see contraindications).
- Can be observed delayed healing of unstressed wounds, pressure ulcers, leg ulcers (see contraindications).
- Possibility of systemic effects (see warnings: cushingoid syndrome, slowing of growth, acute adrenal insufficiency).
- have been reported: acneiform or pustular eruptions, hypertrichosis, depigmentation.