Generic drug from Pevaryl
Therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Econazole
laboratory: EG Labo
Fluid emulsion for cutaneous application
Bottle of 30 g
1 °) Candidiasis :
Cutaneous candidiasis encountered in the human clinic is usually due to Candida Albicans. However, the detection of a candida on the skin can not constitute in itself an indication.
- Treatment :
. intertrigos, in particular genito-crural, anal and perianal,
. angular cheilitis,
. vulvitis, balanitis.
In some cases, it is recommended to treat the digestive tract simultaneously.
- Adjunctive treatment of onyxis and perionyxis.
2 °) Dermatophytosis :
- Treatment :
. dermatophytes of the glabrous skin,
. genital and crural intertrigos,
. intertrigos of the toes.
- Treatment of sycosis and keriosis: an associated antifungal systemic treatment is to be discussed.
- Adjunctive treatment:
. folliculitis with trichophyton rubrum.
An associated antifungal systemic treatment is necessary.
3 °) Pityriasis versicolor.
4 °) Erythrasma .
Dosage ECONAZOLE EG 1% Fluid emulsion for cutaneous application Bottle of 30 g
- Regular twice-daily application until complete disappearance of the lesions.
- Apply the emulsion on the lesions to be treated with the fingertips, a few drops having been deposited in the palm of the hand or directly on the lesions. Massage smoothly and evenly until complete penetration.
- The preferred indications of the emulsion form are given in the following table:
Lesions: Suggested forms / Duration of treatment.
- Mycosis of the folds: intertrigo genital, sub-mammary, interdigital ...:
. not macerated : cream / 1 to 2 weeks - about 1 to 2 tubes.
. macerated : powder / 1 to 2 weeks - about 1 to 2 vials.
- Mycosis of the mucous membranes and semi-mucous membranes: vulvitis, balanitis, anitis, candidiasis of the seat: fluid emulsion / 8 days, ie 1 bottle.
- Mycosis of fragile skin: children, face: fluid emulsion / 2 to 3 weeks - about 2 to 3 vials.
- Fungus mycosis: onyxis, perionyxis: cream + antifungal per os / 1 to 2 months - about 4 to 8 tubes.
- Dermatophytes of the glabrous skin: cream / 2 weeks, that is 2 tubes.
- Genital and crural intertrigo:
. not macerated : cream / 2 to 3 weeks - about 2 to 3 tubes,
. macerated : powder / 2 to 3 weeks - about 2 to 3 vials.
- Intertrigo of the toes (Athlete's foot):
. powder / 3 weeks, 4 bottles (including 1 for shoes and socks),
. cream / 3 weeks - about 2 tubes.
- Mycosis of the hair: folliculitis, keriosis, sycosis: fluid emulsion / 4 to 6 weeks - about 2 to 3 vials, lesions often very limited.
- Moths: cream + anti-fungal per os / 4 to 8 weeks - about 4 to 8 tubes.
3. PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR: solution / 2 weeks or 4 vials.
4. ERYTHRASMA: cream / 1 to 2 weeks, ie 1 to 2 tubes.
Notion of intolerance or sensitization to imidazole derivatives, or to any of the constituents of the product.
Adverse effects Econazole EG
- Due to the low resorption rate of econazole (0.5% - 2%) on healthy skin, the risk of systemic effects can be virtually ruled out.
However, on an injured skin, a large area, and in the infant (because of the ratio surface / weight and the effect of occlusion of the layers), one must be attentive to this eventuality.
- Locally, the rare manifestations of intolerance are burning sensations, or sometimes pruritus and redness of the skin; these events rarely lead to discontinuation of treatment (approximately 1.7% of cases).