The treatments for dysorthography are different depending on the severity of the disorder.
If the disorder is mild, some speech therapy sessions may be sufficient to correct the problem. An adaptation of learning methods can also help correct dysorthography.
Some rules can be applied in particular at school and at home:
- Promote instructions and oral evaluations
- Avoid double tasks (listen without writing, for example)
- Propose photocopies for homework, lessons, etc.
- Take the time to formulate - and possibly reformulate - the questions or instructions
- Avoid excessive pressure for success
- Playful user to promote learning
- Promote the child's skills
If the disorder is moderate or severe and / or associated with other "dys", multidisciplinary care is necessary. It involves a physician coordinating care, school facilities, rehabilitation (speech therapy, psychomotor), psychological monitoring, etc. An Auxiliary School Life (AVS) may be considered to promote learning in schools.
On the other hand, if the child is anxious, it is important to help him / her to manage their worries and to gain self-confidence. This can be done in the context of psychotherapy or through activities that promote self-esteem.You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS Child, Psychology, Neurology or A doctor answers you!
Read also :
When speech therapy is necessary
When to take my child to the psychiatrist?
School phobia: what to do?
ADHD in children: it's not just Ritalin!
15 sentences to tell a child who is afraid