Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gynecology
Active ingredients: Dydrogesterone
laboratory: Abbott Products
Box of 10
· Rule disorders:
o post-pubertal or pre-menopausal menstrual irregularities,
o secondary amenorrhea outside pregnancy and after assessment.
· Genital pain:
o Premenstrual syndrome.
· Luteal insufficiency sterility.
· Confirmed menopause (artificial cycle in combination with estrogen).
· Benign mastopathies.
Dosage DUPHASTON 10 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 10
As a rule, for the treatment of luteal insufficiency:
20 mg / day, ie 2 tablets from the 16th to the 25th day of the cycle, in two spaced doses.
Some indications require a particular user manual:
3 tablets / day, in continuous or discontinuous treatment (from the 5th to the 25th day of the cycle).
Menstrual periods are not necessarily removed in case of continuous treatment.
· Menometrorrhagia :
3 tablets / day until genital hemorrhage is stopped more than 20 days (to avoid immediate deprivation bleeding), then 2 tablets / day from the 16th to the 25th day of the following cycles.
· Menopause :
artificial cycle in association with an estrogen:
as a rule, the dosage is 1 to 2 tablets per day for the last 12 to 14 days of the estrogenic sequence, each month
· Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients;
· Tumors whose development is dependent on progestins, known or suspected;
Vaginal bleeding, the diagnosis of which is not made;
· When used for the prevention of endometrial hyperplasia (in women taking estrogens): contraindications related to the use of estrogens in combination with progestins such as dydrogesterone.
Duphaston side effects
Intermittent bleeding may occur in case of early intake of the product in the cycle (from the 5th to the 25th day of the cycle): they do not require interruption of treatment.
Very rarely occur liver injury with favorable evolution at the end of treatment, arterial and venous thromboembolic disorders, cutaneous manifestations like urticaria, pruritus, erythema, acne.