Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
Active ingredients: Doxapram
Box of 1 bottle of 20 ml
Respiratory stimulant during treatment in intensive care unit.
Dosage DOPRAM 2% Solution for injection Box of 1 bottle of 20 ml
The solution must be administered exclusively by injection or IV infusion .
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT .
- IV direct slow: 1 mg / kg.
- IV infusion: 1 to 3 mg / kg / h, ie 400 mg (1 vial) for an adult of average weight, in 250 or 500 ml of 5% glucose solution in 2 to 6 hours.
In all cases, the maximum dose of solution should not exceed 24 mg per kg of body weight per 24 hours for a maximum of 2 days.
- Epilepsy or other convulsive states.
- Severe hypertension.
- Recent vascular cerebral accidents.
- Child under 15 years old.
Dopram side effects
The main adverse effects are related to stimulation of the central nervous system. Seizures have been reported following the administration of the solution.
If administration is too rapid or dosage is too high, various phenomena of excitation can be observed, such as: headache, dizziness, tremor, dyspnea, moderate hypertension, nausea, vomiting, hot flashes, sweating.