Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Powder for oral solution
Box of 12 sachets-dose
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage DOLIPRANE 100 mg Powder for oral solution Box of 12 sachets-dose
Shake the sachet before use.
Pour the contents of the sachet into a glass and add a small amount of drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
This presentation is reserved for children from 6 to 20 kg (about 3 months to 7 years)
For children weighing 6 to 8 kg (approximately 3 to 9 months), the dosage is 1 sachet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 sachets per day.
For children weighing 9 to 10 kg (approximately 9 to 18 months), the dosage is 1 sachet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 sachets per day.
For children weighing 11 to 16 kg (approximately 18 months to 5 years), the dosage is 2 sachets per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 8 sachets per day.
For children weighing 17 to 20 kg (approximately 4 to 7 years), the dosage is 2 sachets per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 12 sachets per day.
Maximum recommended doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use .
The lowest effective daily dose should be considered, not to exceed 60 mg / kg / day (not to exceed 3 g / day) in the following situations:
· Adults under 50 kg,
· Mild to moderate hepatocellular insufficiency,
· Chronic alcoholism,
· Chronic malnutrition,
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours and at least 4 hours.
· In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
In cases of severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses should be increased to at least 8 hours.
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or other components.
· Hepatocellular insufficiency.
Doliprane side effects
· Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.