Generic Drug Therapeutic Class: Neurology-Psychiatry
active ingredients: Sulpiride
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Box of 150
Acute psychotic states.
Chronic psychotic states (schizophrenia, chronic non-schizophrenic delusions: paranoid delusions, chronic hallucinatory psychoses).
Dosage DOGMATIL 200 mg Breakable tablet Box of 150
Reserved for adults .
- The minimum effective dosage will always be sought. If the clinical condition of the patient permits, the treatment will be initiated at low dose and then gradually increased in steps.
- The daily dosage is 200 to 1000 mg.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following cases:
· Hypersensitivity to sulpiride or any of the other ingredients of the product,
Prolactin dependent tumors (eg prolactin-induced pituitary adenoma and breast cancer),
· Pheochromocytoma, known or suspected,
· in association with :
non-antiparkinsonian dopaminergics (cabergoline and quinagolide),
(see section Interactions with other medicines and other forms of interaction ).
Dogmatil side effects
Nervous system disorders:
· Early dyskinesias (spasmodic torticollis, oculogyric crises, trismus) giving way to the administration of anticholinergic antiparkinsonian,
· Extrapyramidal syndrome:
o akinetic with or without hypertonia, and partially giving in to antiparkinsonian anticholinergics,
· Tardive dyskinesias, characterized by rhythmic and involuntary movements mainly of the tongue and / or face, have been observed as with all neuroleptics during prolonged courses of treatment: antiparkinsonian anticholinergics are without action or can cause an aggravation,
· Sedation or drowsiness,
· Convulsion (see section Warnings and precautions for use ).
· Potentially fatal neuroleptic malignant syndrome (see Warnings and Precautions ) section.
· Transient hyperprolactinemia reversible upon discontinuation of treatment that may result in amenorrhea, galactorrhea, gynecomastia, impotence or frigidity.
Metabolism and nutrition disorders:
· weight gain.
· Prolongation of the QT interval,
Ventricular arrhythmias such as torsades de pointes, ventricular tachycardia, which may lead to ventricular fibrillation or cardiac arrest,
· Sudden death (see section Warnings and precautions for use ).
· orthostatic hypotension,
· Cases of venous thromboembolism, including cases of pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis, have been reported with antipsychotics - frequency unknown (see Warnings and Precautions ) section.
· Increased liver enzymes.
Skin or subcutaneous tissue disorders
· Maculopapular rash.