Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Codeine, Sodium benzoate (E211), Serpolet
Bottle (+ measuring spoon of 2.5 ml and 5 ml) of 125 ml
Symptomatic treatment of uncompromising coughs.
Note : The combination of an antitussive and an expectorant is not justified.
Dosage DINACODE Child Syrup Bottle (+ 2.5ml and 5ml measuring spoon) 125ml
RESERVED FOR CHILDREN OVER 16 KG (about 4 years old).
The ivory measuring spoon (5 ml) contains 3.8 mg of codeine and is RESERVED FOR CHILDREN OF MORE THAN 20 KG .
The transparent measuring spoon (2.5 ml) contains 1.9 mg of codeine and is RESERVED FOR CHILDREN FROM 16 TO 20 KG .
Symptomatic treatment should be short (a few days) and limited to the time of coughing.
In the absence of other drug intake providing codeine or any other central antitussive, the daily dose of codeine base not to exceed is:
- 0.5 mg / kg in children from 16 to 20 kg (approximately 4 to 6 years),
- 1 mg / kg in children from 20 to 50 kg (approximately 6 to 15 years).
The usual dosage is:
- in children from 45 to 50 kg (14 to 15 years) : 3 ivory spoons per dose, to be renewed after 6 hours if necessary, without exceeding the dose of 12 spoons per day.
- in children from 30 to 45 kg (10 to 14 years) : 2 ivory spoons per dose, to be renewed after 6 hours if necessary, without exceeding the dose of 8 spoons per day.
- in children from 20 to 30 kg (6 to 10 years) : 1 ivory spoon per dose, to be renewed after 6 hours if necessary, without exceeding the dose of 4 spoons per day.
- in children 16 kg to 20 kg (4 to 6 years) : 1 transparent spoon per dose, to be renewed after 6 hours if necessary, without exceeding the dose of 4 spoons per day.
- The catches must be spaced at least 6 hours apart.
- The ages according to the weight are given as an indication.
This medicine is contraindicated in case of:
- allergy to one of the constituents,
- respiratory failure,
- cough of the asthmatic,
- breastfeeding: codeine passes into breast milk; a few cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants after mothers have taken supratherapeutic doses of codeine. In case of breast-feeding, taking this medicine is contraindicated.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This drug is generally not recommended in combination with alcohol.
Side effects Dinacode Child
- Linked to codeine:
. At therapeutic doses, the adverse effects of codeine are comparable to those of other opiates, but they are more rare and moderate.
Possibility of constipation, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting.
Rarely: bronchospasm, allergic skin reactions, respiratory depression (see contraindications).
. At supratherapeutic doses : there is a risk of dependence and abrupt stopping syndrome, which can be observed in the user and in the newborn of a mother poisoned with codeine.
- Related to the tincture of wild thyme:
Risk of convulsion, in case of non-compliance with the recommended doses.