Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Haemostasis and blood
active ingredients: Etamsylate
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Box of 6 ampoules of 2 ml
In medicine in the treatment of:
Bleeding due to capillary fragility,
· Menorrhagia without detectable organic cause,
and in general or specialized surgery (ENT, ophthalmology, gynecology) to: reduce blood loss during surgical procedures, especially haemorrhages in blood, patients on anti-coagulants.
Dosage DICYNONE 250 mg / 2 mL Solution for injection Box of 6 ampoules of 2 ml
· In emergency: 2 to 3 ampoules, three times a day, in IV or IM
· Preoperatively: 1 hour before surgery, 2 ampoules IV or IM
· Intraoperatively: on demand
· Postoperatively: 1 ampoule IV or IM, 2 times a day.
Infants and children : same regimen as in adults by reducing the dosage by half.
NB: the injectable solution can be used:
· Orally: diluted in half a glass of water,
· Locally: in tampons.
This medicine should NOT be used in case of hypersensitivity to etamsylate and / or any of the other ingredients.
This medication is NOT recommended for breastfeeding (see section Pregnancy and breast-feeding ).
Dicynone side effects
Possibility of fever, headache, rash and digestive disorders such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
Due to the presence of sulfites, risk of allergic reactions, including anaphylactic reactions, ranging from rash to anaphylactic shock, and bronchospasm (see Warnings and Precautions section ).