Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
Active ingredients: Loperamide
Box of 12
Short-term treatment of acute transient diarrhea in adults (from the age of 15).
This treatment is a complement of dietary measures.
Dosage DIARETYL 2 mg Capsule Box of 12
Reserved for adults (from 15 years old).
Initial dosage: 2 capsules, then 1 extra capsule, to be taken after each unmolded stool, but:
- never exceed 6 capsules per day,
- never exceed 2 days of treatment.
- Hypersensitivity to one of the constituents of the capsule.
- Acute thrusts of ulcerative colitis (risk of colectasia).
Diaretyl side effects
- Constipation and / or abdominal distension, associated in very rare cases with an ileus whose risk may be increased if the information on use has not been respected (see dosage, duration of treatment and contraindications ).
- Abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth.
Asthenia, drowsiness, vertigo.
- Rarely hypersensitivity reactions (including skin rash, urticaria and angioedema) and extremely rarely anaphylactic shock.