Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Cefradine
Box of 12
They arise from the antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic characteristics of cefradine. They take into account both the clinical studies that the drug has given and its place in the range of antibacterial products currently available.
They are limited to infections caused by sensitive germs when these infections allow oral antibiotic therapy and excluding meningeal locations, including:
- ENT infections: documented angina at beta-hemolytic streptococcus A, sinusitis, otitis,
- lower respiratory infections:
. superinfections of acute bronchitis,
. exacerbations of chronic bronchitis,
. Community-acquired pneumonia in subjects
. without risk factors,
. without signs of clinical severity,
. in the absence of any evidence of resistance of S. pneumoniae to penicillin,
. in the absence of any argument suggestive of atypical pneumonia.
- uncomplicated urinary infections, except prostatitis and pyelonephritis.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage DEXEF 500 mg Capsule Box of 12
- In the subject with normal renal functions:
. Adults : 2 g daily in at least two shots.
. Children : 50 mg to 100 mg / kg daily in at least two doses, without exceeding the adult dosage.
- In patients with renal insufficiency:
In case of renal insufficiency, the dosage is adapted according to the clearance of creatinine or serum creatinine:
. clearance of creatinine 10 to 20 ml / min : 12-24 h between doses.
. clearance of creatinine 5-10 ml / min : 48 h between doses.
Duration of treatment :
The duration of treatment is 7 to 10 days on average for all therapeutic indications, up to 14 days for pneumopathies.
The treatment duration of angina is 10 days.
Administration mode :
Swallow the capsules with a little water.
This medicine should never be used:
- in case of allergy to antibiotics of cephalosporin group.
- in the child of less than 6 years, because of the pharmaceutical form.
Due to the presence of lactose, this drug is contraindicated in cases of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
Dexef side effects
- Allergic manifestations :
- Hematological manifestations :
- Digestive manifestations :
. Abdominal pain.
- Transient elevation of transaminases ASAT and ALAT .
- Nephrotoxicity : Alterations in renal function have been observed with antibiotics in the same group, especially when combined with aminoglycosides and strong diuretics.
As with any antibiotic, prolonged use of the drug may lead to a phenomenon of resistance of the germs involved.