Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Oncology and Hematology
active ingredients: Cyproterone acetate
laboratory: Bayer Healthcare
Box of 3 blister packs of 20
· Anti-androgenic palliative treatment of prostate cancer.
· Reduction of sexual urges in paraphilias in combination with psychotherapeutic care.
Dosage ANDROCUR 100 mg Breakable tablet Box of 3 blister packs of 20
In prostate cancer: 200 to 300 mg, or 2 to 3 tablets a day without interruption.
The maximum dosage is 300 mg per day.
In reducing sexual drive in paraphilias:
It is necessary to associate this treatment with psychotherapeutic care.
Treatment will be initiated at a dose of 100 mg / day. The dose can be increased to 200 mg / day and up to 300 mg / day over a short period. The search for the minimum effective dose (which may be 50 mg / day) will be performed as soon as possible.
When stopping treatment, a gradual reduction of the dose over several weeks is recommended.
Information about special populations
· Children and adolescents
In adolescents, verification of bone age is necessary before any initiation of treatment, ANDROCUR being contraindicated in the adolescent during growth (see section Contraindications Contraindications).
No data suggest the need for dose adjustment in elderly patients.
· Hepatic insufficiency
The use of ANDROCUR is contraindicated in patients with severe hepatic disease (see section 4.3 ).
· Renal insufficiency
No data suggest the need to adjust the dosage in patients with renal impairment.
· Severe hepatic disorders, hepatic tumors (except metastases of prostate cancer), Dubin-Johnson syndrome, Rotor syndrome.
· Tuberculosis and Cachectic Diseases (excluding prostate cancer).
· Existence or history of thromboembolic events.
· Severe chronic depression.
· Sickle cell anemia.
· In the indication reduction of sexual impulses in the paraphilias, in the teenager in the course of growth.
· Existence or history of meningiomas.
Hypersensitivity to cyproterone acetate or any of the excipients.
Androcur side effects
The most serious adverse effects associated with taking d'ORROCUR are liver toxicity, benign or malignant hepatic tumors that may lead to intra-abdominal hemorrhage and thromboembolic events (see Warnings and Precautions section). special guard and precautions for use).
Reproductive organs and breast disease
· Inhibition of spermatogenesis usually reversible upon discontinuation of treatment (may result in temporary infertility).
Gynecomastia usually reversible upon discontinuation of treatment.
· Decreased libido.
· Modification of the secondary sexual characteristics reversible at the end of the treatment (decrease of the pilosity, testicular atrophy, decrease of the musculature).
· Weight variation.
· As described with other antiandrogens, the use in humans of ANDROCUR 100 mg may induce bone loss which is a risk factor for possible osteoporosis. Very rare cases have been reported during prolonged treatment with ANDROCUR 100 mg at an average dose of 100 mg daily. This effect was not observed during a short treatment.
· States of agitation, depressed mood.
Respiratory, thoracic and mediastinal disorders
· Aggravation of venous insufficiency of the lower limbs.
· Thromboembolic events.
Nervous system disorders
· Migraines and headaches.
Jaundice, cytolytic hepatitis, fulminant hepatitis, liver failure.
· Benign liver tumors could be observed, even malignant liver tumors leading to isolated cases of abdominal hemorrhage.
General disorders and administration site conditions
· Fatigability, asthenia.
· Hot flashes and sweating.
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
Immune system disorders
· Hypersensitivity reaction.
Blood and lymphatic system disorders
Benign, malignant and unspecified tumors (incl cysts and polyps)
· Meningiomas have been reported in case of prolonged use (several years) of ANDROCUR at doses of 25 mg per day or more (see sections Contraindications and Warnings and Precautions for Use ).