Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gynecology
active ingredients: Tetracycline, Amphotericin B
laboratory: Bristol Myers Squibb
Case of 12
Local treatment of susceptible vaginitis and non-specific vaginitis.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage AMPHOCYCLINE Vaginal Tablet Case of 12
Reserved for adults .
In general: 1 to 2 vaginal tablets for 12 days.
The duration of treatment should be limited (see warnings and precautions for use, adverse effects).
Introduce deeply the vaginal tablet after soaking in water.
Practical tips :
- Toilet with neutral or alkaline pH soap.
- The treatment will be accompanied by hygiene advice (wearing of cotton underwear, avoid douching, wearing of internal buffer during treatment ...) and as far as possible, the removal of the contributing factors .
- The treatment of the partner will be discussed according to each case.
- Do not interrupt treatment during menstruation.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components (or group sensitization).
- Pregnancy as of the 2nd trimester: the administration of cyclines in the second and third trimesters exposes the fetus to the risk of staining of the teeth of milk.
The bioavailability of the components of this drug is a priori lower than that found orally. However, by analogy with the oral form, from the second trimester of pregnancy, the administration of this drug is contraindicated.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Pregnancy 1st trimester: the presence of tetracycline conditions the course to take with this drug in case of pregnancy. A teratogenic effect of cyclins has been found in animal experiments but inconsistently. Clinically, the use of cyclins in a limited number of pregnancies has apparently not revealed any particular malformative effect to date. However, further studies are needed to assess the consequences of exposure during pregnancy. The bioavailability of the components of this drug is a priori lower than that found orally. However, by analogy to the oral form, it is best not to use this medication during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Breast-feeding: If treated with this medicine, breast-feeding is not recommended.
- Association discouraged : spermicides.
Adverse effects Amphocycline
Possibility of allergic eczema of contact; it occurs more frequently in case of prolonged employment. These lesions can extend away from the treated area.