Generic drug of Adult Augmentin
Therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Amoxicillin, Clavulanic acid
laboratory: Teva Sante
Box of 24
They arise from the antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic characteristics of this drug. They take into account both the clinical studies it has given and its place in the range of antibacterial products currently available.
They are limited to infections due to known sensitive organisms, especially in certain situations where the bacterial species responsible for the infection can be multiple and / or resistant to the currently available antibiotics.
On this basis, this drug is of particular interest in the following indications:
· Acute otitis media of adults,
· Acute maxillary sinusitis and other forms of sinusitis,
· Superinfections of acute bronchitis of the patient at risk, especially chronic ethyl, smoking, aged over 65 years, in case of risk evolution or second-line,
· Exacerbations of chronic bronchopneumopathies,
· Acute pneumonitis of the patient at risk, particularly chronic ethyl, smoking, over 65 years of age or with swallowing disorders,
· Recurrent acute cystitis, uncomplicated cystitis in women and uncomplicated acute pyelonephritis due to susceptible organisms,
· High gynecological infections, in combination with another antibiotic active on Chlamydiae (see Warnings and Precautions for use Precautions for use),
· Severe stomatologic infections: abscesses, phlegmons, cellulitis,
· Relay treatment of the injectable route.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage AMOXICILLIN / AC CLAV TEVA S Ad 500 mg / 62.5 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 24
Dosages expressed as amoxicillin
ADULTS (weight ≥ 40 kg)
In patients with normal renal function
· 2 g / day in 2 doses in the following indications:
o acute maxillary sinusitis,
o superinfections of acute bronchitis of the patient at risk, in particular chronic ethyl, smoking, aged over 65 years, in case of evolutionary risk or second-line,
o exacerbations of chronic bronchopneumopathies,
· 3 g / day in 3 doses in the following indications:
o other forms of sinusitis,
acute otitis media,
o recurrent acute cystitis, uncomplicated cystitis in women, and uncomplicated acute pyelonephritis due to susceptible organisms,
o high gynecological infections, in combination with another antibiotic active on Chlamydiae (see Warnings and precautions for use Precautions for use),
o severe stomatologic infections: abscess, phlegmons, cellulitis,
o acute pneumonitis of the patient at risk, including chronic ethyl, smoking, over 65 years of age or with swallowing disorders,
o Relay treatment of the injectable route.
In patients with renal insufficiency
Clearance of creatinine
Greater than 30 ml / min.
No dose adjustment necessary.
Between 10 and 30 ml / min.
1 g / 125 mg every 12 to 24 hours.
Less than 10 ml / min.
For patients treated or not with hemodialysis, the conditions of use have not been established.
In the elderly patient:
No dosage adjustment unless creatinine clearance is ≤ 30 ml / min. (see "Dosage in patients with renal impairment").
At each dose, the 2 tablets contained in one cell should be taken simultaneously.
Take the medicine preferably at the beginning of the meal.
This medicine MUST NEVER BE USED in case of:
· Allergy to beta-lactam antibiotics (penicillins, cephalosporins): take into account the risk of cross-allergy with cephalosporin antibiotics,
· Allergy to any component of the drug,
· History of liver injury associated with amoxicillin / clavulanic acid.
This medicine is usually not recommended for use with methotrexate (see section 4.5 ).
Adverse effects Amoxicillin / AC Clav Teva S AD
Infections and infestations
Common: Cutaneous and mucosal candidiasis
Blood and lymphatic system disorders
Cases of eosinophilia have been reported.
Rare: Leukopenia (neutropenia), agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia and reversible haemolytic anemia.
Immune system disorders
Allergic manifestations including urticaria, angioedema, respiratory discomfort, very rare anaphylaxis (including anaphylactic shock), serum sickness, hypersensitivity vasculitis.
Nervous system disorders
Uncommon: Dizziness, headache.
Very rare: Convulsions.
Very common: Diarrhea, loose stools.
Common: Nausea, vomiting.
Uncommon: Dyspepsia and abdominal pain.
Very rare: Pseudo-membranous colitis and haemorrhagic colitis.
Moderate and asymptomatic increase in ASAT, ALT or alkaline phosphatase.
Jaundice and / or cholestatic or mixed hepatitis.
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
Rash, pruritus and urticaria.
Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell's syndrome, bullous or exfoliative dermatitis, and generalized acute exanthematous pustulosis (see Warnings and Precautions for Special Warnings section). These skin manifestations may be more frequent and / or more intense in patients with infectious mononucleosis or evolving lymphoid leukemia.
Renal and urinary disorders
Cases of acute interstitial nephritis, crystalluria have been reported.