Generic drug of Zyloric
Therapeutic class: Rheumatology
active ingredients: Allopurinol
laboratory: IVAX PHARMACEUTICALS SAS
Box of 28
- treatment of primary or secondary symptomatic hyperuricemia (haemopathies, nephropathies, iatrogenic hyperuricemia),
- treatment of gout: tophacée gout, relapsing gout, uterine arthropathy even when accompanied by hyperuraturia, uric lithiasis or renal failure,
- treatment of hyperuricuries and hyperuraturia,
- treatment and prevention of uric lithiasis,
- prevention of recurrence of calcium lithiasis in hyperuricemic or hyperuricuric patients, in addition to the usual dietary precautions, including the protein and calcium rations.
Dosage ALLOPURINOL IVAX 100 mg Capsule Box of 28
Administration mode :
The capsules are swallowed as is with a large glass of water, after meals.
The usual dosage is 100 to 300 mg per day. It should be determined according to the uricemia and uraturia that need to be monitored regularly.
It is recommended before the prescription to look for renal insufficiency, especially in the elderly.
- In hyperuricemia secondary to hematological malignancies and their cytotoxic treatment, the average dose may be up to 10 mg / kg / day in adults and up to 20 mg / kg during the day / day in the child.
- Dosages of 300 mg may be necessary for some hyperuricemic patients and for the prevention of recurrence of calcium lithiasis.
- Renal impairment : The dosage should be adjusted according to the clearance of creatinine.
Creatinine clearance: Maximum recommended dose.
. <Clcr <100 ml / min: 300 mg / day.
. 40 Clcr <80 ml / min: 200 mg / day.
. <Clr <40 ml / min: 100 mg / day.
. Clcr <20 ml / min: 100 mg / 1 day out of 2.
The dosage should be adjusted to maintain serum uric acid in the desired area.
Dialysis: In patients with renal failure on dialysis, the prescription of allopurinol is generally unnecessary because of the uric acid purification by dialysis. In exceptional cases where this treatment appears necessary, however, allopurinol may be given at the end of the hemodialysis sessions without exceeding the dose of 200 mg per session.
- This specialty exists in the form of 200 mg and 300 mg doses which may be better adapted.
This medicine is contraindicated:
- in case of hypersensitivity to allopurinol or to any of the excipients,
- in children under 6 years of age (contraindication related to the pharmaceutical form),
- in case of breastfeeding: this drug passes in significant quantity in breast milk, it is therefore contraindicated in case of breastfeeding.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This medicine is generally not recommended:
- during pregnancy: studies in animals have shown a teratogenic effect in one species and at high doses. There is currently no sufficient data to evaluate the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of allopurinol when administered during pregnancy. Elevation of uric acid is frequently observed during pregnancy toxemia but does not require specific treatment. As a result, the use of allopurinol is not recommended during pregnancy. This element does not constitute the systematic argument for counseling a termination of pregnancy but leads to an attitude of caution and oriented antenatal surveillance.
- in combination with vidarabine.
Adverse effects Allopurinol Ivax
Linked to allopurinol:
- The administration of allopurinol, like that of all the hypo-uricémiants can cause, at the beginning of treatment, accesses of gout, from where the need to associate the colchicine at the beginning of treatment in the gouty (see put caution and precautions for use).
- Skin reactions : they are rare and can be serious. They can manifest as pruriginous, erythematous, papular, vesicular or bullous eruptions and, exceptionally, by Lyell or Stevens-Johnson syndromes (see warnings and precautions for use).
- Generalized hypersensitivity : this syndrome associates, to various degrees, fever, attacks of the general state, rash, polyadenopathy, liver injury (rare cases of isolated granulomatous hepatitis have been reported), impaired renal function, hypereosinophilia. It is rare and can be fatal (see warnings and precautions for use).
- Hematologic manifestations : Exceptionally, have been reported, particularly in patients with renal insufficiency: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis and bone marrow aplasia.
Some cases of angio-immunoblastic lymphadenopathy, reversible upon discontinuation of treatment, have also been reported.
- Digestive disorders : Allopurinol can cause epigastralgia, nausea, diarrhea. They are very rarely important enough to stop treatment. These disorders can be avoided by absorbing the medication after meals.
- Various disorders :
. rarely: peripheral neuropathies, vertigo, headache, gynecomastia,
. exceptionally: fever, stomatitis, alopecia.
Related to peanut oil and soybean oil:
Risk of hypersensitivity reactions (anaphylactic shock, urticaria).