Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Endocrinology
active ingredients: Demeclocycline
laboratory: Primus Lab Ltd
Box of 1 bottle of 100
· Treatment of syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) more particularly of paraneoplastic origin with:
o chronic hyponatremia <125 mEq / l associated with inappropriate natriuresis
o and / or clinical signs related to hyponatremia,
and resistant to water restriction.
Note : it will be necessary before the prescription to eliminate the endocrine etiologies (adrenal insufficiencies and hypothyroidism, peripheral or of pituitary origin).
Dosage ALKONATREM 150 mg Capsule Box of 1 Bottle of 100
· Attack treatment: 900 - 1200 mg daily associated with moderate fluid restriction.
Duration: 8 to 10 days.
· Maintenance treatment: 600 mg daily (without water restriction).
· In the elderly: start immediately treatment with 600 mg per day.
In all cases, monitor serum sodium, blood urea, and serum creatinine.
Oral way, apart from meals.
· Antibiotic allergy of the tetracycline family.
· Renal insufficiency, liver failure.
· Child under 8 years old.
· Association with retinoids by the general route
· Pregnancy and breast feeding
Adverse effects Alkonatrem
· Dental dyschromia or enamel hypoplasia when administered in children under 8 years of age;
· Digestive disorders (diarrhea, nausea, epigastralgia);
· Allergic reactions (urticaria, rash, pruritus)
· Photosensitization reactions;
· Cases of haematological disorders have been described during treatment with tetracyclines (haemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, eosinophilia);
· Increases in blood urea and creatinine dependence and reversible doses upon discontinuation of treatment;
· Extrarenal hyperazotemia related to antianabolic effect has been reported with tetracyclines. This hyperazotemia may be increased by association with diuretics;
· Benign intracranial hypertension could be observed when using tetracyclines; it is manifested by headaches and disturbances of vision; in general, these signs disappear when the treatment is stopped.