Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Rheumatology
Active ingredients: Salicylic acid, Diethylamine
40 g tube
Adjunctive local treatment of pain of muscular origin and tendinoligament.
Dosage ALGESAL BALM Cream Tube of 40 g
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 7 YEARS.
Apply in local massages on the painful area 2 to 3 times a day, until complete penetration.
Wash hands after use.
- Allergy to salicylates, substances of close activity or to another component.
- Do not use on mucous membranes, eyes, oozing dermatitis, eczema, infected lesion or wound, or under occlusive dressing.
- related to the presence, as excipients, of terpene derivatives:
. infants under 30 months,
. children with a history of seizures (febrile or not).
- Do not apply on breasts when breastfeeding.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
In case of breastfeeding, it is preferable not to use this drug due to the absence of kinetic data on the passage of terpene derivatives in milk, and their potential neurological toxicity in the infant.
Side effects Algesal Balm
- Possible local allergic reaction requiring discontinuation of treatment.
- Due to the presence of terpene derivatives, as excipients, and in case of non-compliance with the recommended doses:
. risk of seizures in children and infants
. possibility of agitation and confusion in the elderly.