Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
Active ingredients: Ethyl alcohol
Box of 200 Sachets of 1
- Antisepsis of small and superficial wounds.
- Preparation of the skin before injection or puncture.
Note: Antiseptic agents are not sterilizing: they temporarily reduce the number of microorganisms.
Dosage ALCOHOL FOR MEDICAL USE GILBERT Impregnated compress Box of 200 Sachets of 1 Compress impregnated with 2.5 ml
Extract the compress from its packaging and apply on the part to be treated.
Discard the compress after use.
- Any history of hypersensitivity to any of the components, including tartrazine (or group sensitization).
- Do not apply on the mucous membranes.
- Do not apply on breasts when breastfeeding.
Linked to the presence of terpene derivatives:
- infants under 30 months,
- children with a history of convulsions (febrile or not).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Breast-feeding: In case of breastfeeding, it is preferable not to use this drug due to the absence of kinetic data on the passage of terpene derivatives in milk, and their potential neurological toxicity in the infant.
Adverse effects Alcohol A Usage Medical Gilbert
- Tartrazine is likely to cause sensitization.
The reactions are crossed between tartrazine and aspirin.
Risk of allergic reactions, especially cutaneous.
- Due to the presence of terpene derivatives and in case of non-compliance with the recommended doses:
. risk of seizures in infants and children
. possibility of agitation and confusion in the elderly.