Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Oncology and Hematology
Active ingredients: Doxorubicin
laboratory: Pfizer Holding France
Injection solution for IV infusion
Box of 1 bottle (glass) of 25 ml
- carcinomas of the breast,
- sarcomas of bones and soft tissues,
- Hodgkin's disease, non-Hodgkin lymphoma,
- solid tumors of the child,
- lung cancers,
- acute and chronic leukemias,
- cancers of the bladder, ovary, stomach.
Dosage ADRIBLASTINE 50 mg / 25 ml 2 mg / mL Solution for IV infusion Pack of 1 vial (glass) 25 ml
The average dosage is 40 to 75 mg / m² per cycle.
Each cycle is separated from the previous one by an interval of 3 to 4 weeks. The cycles are repeated up to a maximum total dose of 550 mg / m².
Administration mode :
Administer the dose of ADRIBLASTINE in a minimum of 3 to 5 minutes in the tubing of an intravenous infusion of isotonic sodium chloride solution or 5% glucose solution:
- in one go,
- in 2 times during the day,
- be spread over 2 or 3 days.
It is not necessary to carry out a long infusion, which can be installed shortly before the administration of ADRIBLASTINE and stopped a few minutes later.
In case of extravasation, the administration will be interrupted immediately.
It is extremely important to ensure that the administration is endovenous. Extravasation may produce necrosis of the surrounding tissues. In this case, the injection should be stopped immediately . How to handle:
The preparation of injectable cytotoxic solutions must be carried out by specialized and trained personnel with knowledge of the drugs used, under conditions ensuring the protection of the environment and especially the protection of the personnel handling. It requires a preparation room reserved for this purpose. It is forbidden to smoke, eat, drink in this room. Manipulators must have a set of equipment suitable for handling, including long-sleeved gowns, face masks, hood, safety goggles, sterile disposable gloves, worktop protection fields, containers and collection bags. waste. Excreta and vomit must be handled with care. Pregnant women should be warned and avoid manipulation of cytotoxics. Any broken container must be treated with the same precautions and considered as contaminated waste. Disposal of contaminated waste is by incineration in rigid containers labeled for this purpose .
These provisions may be envisaged within the framework of the oncology network (circular DGS / DH / 98 N ° 98/188 of 24 March 1998) in collaboration with any suitable and qualified structure.
- Prescription should be avoided in subjects with cardiopathy with myocardial insufficiency.
Adverse effects Adriblastine 50 MG / 25 ML
- ADRIBLASTINE may give rise to side effects:
. medullary hypoplasia in about two-thirds of patients,
. rapidly decreasing immunodepression,
. alopecia in 90% of the cases, but reversible at the end of the treatment,
. amenorrhea, azoospermia.
- Febrile attacks, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea have also been reported. But these manifestations are transient and do not pose a serious therapeutic problem.
- Some modifications of the ECG may appear: rhythm disorders, lengthening of the QT space in particular; Acute rhythm disturbances can occur within hours of the injection. Frequent ECG checks, possibly supplemented by a 24-hour recording (Holter method), should make it possible to specify their meaning. Potential associated electrolyte disturbances (hypokalemia, hyponatremia) should be corrected. In some cases, severe heart failure, which is resistant to usual treatment, may occur. These reactions are rare in patients who received a total dose of less than 550 mg / m², they are more frequent beyond this dose and can in this case reach 27% of patients.
- As with other DNA-damaging anticancer agents, myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemias have been observed after combination therapy including doxorubicin.
- With topoisomerase II inhibitors, there has been reported a higher than expected incidence of secondary leukaemias presenting as de novo leukemias LAM2, LAM3, LAM4. Such forms may have a short latency period (from 1 to 3 years). These forms, accessible to a curative treatment, require early diagnosis and treatment adapted to curative purpose (see warnings and precautions for use).