Generic drug Fucidine
Therapeutic class: Dermatology
Active ingredients: Fusidic acid
15 g tube
Skin infections due to Staphylococcus and Streptococcus:
Impetigo and impetigo dermatitis:
o In local treatment only in localized forms with small number of lesions;
o As an additional local treatment in combination with a general antibiotic therapy adapted in the most extensive forms.
· Disinfection of cutaneomucous microbial deposits, in healthy staphylococci carriers, and after staphylococcal disease, including furunculosis.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Posology FUSIDIC ACID SANDOZ 2% Cream Tube 15 g
Local application with or without dressing, once or twice daily after cleaning the infected surface. Avoid application in a thick layer. Limit the treatment to one week, as an indication.
The cream form is particularly suitable for oozing lesions, macerated, and folds.
· Allergies to the antibiotic or to any of the constituents of the excipient.
· Breast infections: see section Pregnancy and breastfeeding .
Adverse effects Sandoz Fusidic Acid
· Possibility of allergic eczema of contact. Eczema lesions can spread remotely from treated areas.
· Possibility of selection of strains resistant to the antibiotic used locally, detrimental to the oral (subsequent) use of the same antibiotic. Nevertheless, most often, resistant strains in vivo become sensitive again after a short latency period.
· Depending on the percutaneous absorption of the product, please do not treat too long or on too large surfaces, especially in infants (because of immature liver function), because we can not totally exclude the possibility of hepatic adverse effects.