Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Aciclovir
laboratory: IVAX PHARMACEUTICALS SAS
2 g tube
Treatment of localized cold sores (also called "cold sores").
Dosage ACICLOVIVAX 5% Cream Tube of 2 g
Reserved for adults and children over 6 years old.
Apply the cream 5 times a day, on herpes lesions sitting exclusively on the lips.
The treatment is more effective if it is started at the first symptoms announcing an outbreak of cold sores.
The duration of treatment should not exceed 10 days.
- History of hypersensitivity to aciclovir or to any of the excipients.
- In application in the eye, in the mouth, in the vagina.
- Children under 6 years old.
Aciclovivax side effects
- Sensations of tingling or transient burns may follow the application of the cream.
- In some patients, erythema or dry skin has been observed.
- Risk of contact eczema, due to the presence of propylene glycol.