Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Acebutolol
laboratory: Teva Sante
Box of 90
· Prophylaxis of stress angina attacks
· Long-term treatment after myocardial infarction (acebutolol decreases the risk of myocardial infarction recurrence and mortality, particularly sudden death)
· Treatment of certain rhythm disorders: supraventricular (tachycardias, flutters and atrial fibrillations, junctional tachycardias) or ventricular (ventricular extrasystoles, ventricular tachycardias).
Dosage ACEBUTOLOL TEVA 200 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 90
the usual daily dose of acebutolol is 400 mg which will be administered either preferably in a single dose each morning (there is a dosage form at 400 mg) or in two doses, one in the morning and one in the evening.
This dosage may be increased in case of severe arterial hypertension.
· Prophylaxis of stress angina attacks, tachyarrhythmias:
the daily dose may range from 400 to 800 mg (600 mg on average), starting with the lowest dose and adapting, in increments, the clinical dose or the electrocardiogram.
· Long-term treatment after myocardial infarction: the treatment with acebutolol should be instituted preferably between the 3rd and the 21st day after the acute episode of infarction: the dosage is 2 tablets per day, in two doses .
This medicine MUST NEVER be used in the following cases:
· Asthma and obstructive chronic bronchopneumopathies, in their severe forms.
· Heart failure not controlled by treatment.
· Cardiogenic shock.
· Non-paired second and third degree atrioventricular blocks.
· Angor of Prinzmetal (in pure forms and monotherapy).
· Sinus disease (including sinoatrial block).
· Bradycardia (<45-50 beats per minute).
· Phenomenon of Raynaud and peripheral arterial disorders, in their severe forms.
· Untreated pheochromocytoma.
· Hypersensitivity to acebutolol.
· History of anaphylactic reaction.
· Combination with floctafenine (see section Interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction ).
Adverse effects Acebutolol Teva
The most frequently reported:
· Cooling the ends
· Bradycardia, severe if present
· Digestive disorders (gastralgia, nausea, vomiting)
Much less often:
· Slowing of atrioventricular conduction or intensification of an existing atrioventricular block
· heart failure
· Blood pressure drop
· Raynaud's syndrome
· Aggravation of an existing intermittent claudication
· Various skin manifestations including psoriasiform rash or exacerbation of psoriasis (see Warnings and Precautions section )
· Exceptionally, pneumonitis of immunoallergic origin.
In rare cases, it has been possible to observe the appearance of antinuclear antibodies which only exceptionally accompany clinical manifestations such as lupus syndrome and cede at the end of treatment.