Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Acebutolol
laboratory: Ranbaxy Pharma Generic
Box of 90
· Prophylaxis of stress angina attacks
· Long-term treatment after myocardial infarction (acebutolol decreases the risk of recurrent myocardial infarction and mortality, particularly sudden death.
· Treatment of certain rhythm disorders: supraventricular (tachycardia, flutter and atrial fibrillation, junctional tachycardia) or ventricular (ventricular extrasystole, ventricular tachycardia).
Dosage ACEBUTOLOL RANBAXY 200 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 90
· Hypertension: The usual daily dose of acebutolol is 400 mg, which will be administered either in one single dose each morning or in two doses, one in the morning and one in the evening. This dosage may be increased in case of severe arterial hypertension.
· Prophylaxis of exercise angina attacks, tachyarrhythmias: the daily dose may vary from 400 to 800 mg (600 mg on average), starting with the lowest dose and adapting, step by step, the dose to the patient. clinical condition or electrocardiogram.
· Long-term treatment after myocardial infarction: the treatment with acebutolol should be instituted preferably between the 3rd and the 21st day after the acute episode of infarction: the dosage is 2 tablets per day, in two doses .
This medicine MUST NEVER be used in the following cases:
· Asthma and obstructive chronic bronchopneumopathies, in their severe forms.
· Heart failure not controlled by treatment.
· Cardiogenic shock.
· Non-paired second and third degree atrioventricular blocks.
· Angor of Prinzmetal (in pure forms and monotherapy).
· Sinus disease (including sinoatrial block).
· Bradycardia (<45-50 beats per minute).
· Phenomenon of Raynaud and peripheral arterial disorders, in their severe forms.
· Untreated pheochromocytoma.
· Hypersensitivity to acebutolol.
· History of anaphylactic reaction.
· Combination with floctafenine (see section Interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction ).
Acebutolol Ranbaxy side effects
The most frequently reported:
· Cooling of the ends,
· Bradycardia, severe if any,
· Digestive disorders (gastralgia, nausea, vomiting),
Much less often:
· Slowing of atrioventricular conduction or intensification of an existing atrioventricular block,
· heart failure,
· Blood pressure drop,
· Raynaud's syndrome,
· Aggravation of an existing intermittent claudication,
· Various skin manifestations including psoriasiform rash or exacerbation of psoriasis (see Warnings and Precautions for Use section ),
· Exceptionally, pneumonitis of immunoallergic origin.
In rare cases, it has been possible to observe the appearance of antinuclear antibodies which only exceptionally accompany clinical manifestations such as lupus syndrome and cede at the end of treatment.