Generic drug from Sectral
Therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Acebutolol
Divisible coated tablet
Box of 30
- Prophylaxis of stress angina attacks.
- Treatment of certain rhythm disorders: supraventricular (tachycardias, flutters and atrial fibrillations, junctional tachycardias) or ventricular (ventricular extrasystolies, ventricular tachycardias).
Dosage ACEBUTOLOL G GAM 400 mg Breakable film-coated tablet Box of 30
- Hypertension: the usual daily dose of acebutolol is 400 mg which will be administered either preferably in a single dose each morning, or in two doses, one in the morning and one in the evening (there is a dosage form at 200 mg).
This dosage may be increased in case of severe arterial hypertension.
- Prophylaxis of stress angina attacks, tachyarrhythmias: the daily dose may vary from 400 to 800 mg (600 mg on average), starting with the lowest dose, and adapting, step by step, the dosage to clinical condition or electrocardiogram.
This medicine MUST NEVER be used in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to acebutolol,
- asthma and obstructive chronic bronchopneumopathies, in their severe forms,
- heart failure not controlled by treatment,
- cardiogenic shock,
- atrioventricular blocks of the second and third degrees not paired,
- Prinzmetal's angina (in pure forms and monotherapy),
- sinus disease (including sinoatrial block),
- bradycardia (<45-50 beats per minute),
- Raynaud's phenomenon and peripheral arterial disorders, in their severe forms,
- untreated pheochromocytoma,
- history of anaphylactic reaction,
- breastfeeding: when treated with acebutolol, breastfeeding is contraindicated because of an important passage in the milk,
- combination with floctafenine, sultopride (see interactions).
Due to the presence of lactose, this drug is contraindicated in cases of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This drug is NOT recommended when combined with amiodarone (see interactions).
Side effects Acebutolol G Gam
CLINICAL PLAN :
- The most frequently reported:
. cooling of the ends,
. bradycardia, severe if any,
. digestive disorders (gastralgia, nausea, vomiting),
- Much more rarely:
. slowing of atrioventricular conduction or intensification of an existing atrioventricular block,
. heart failure,
. blood pressure drop,
. Raynaud's syndrome,
. worsening of existing intermittent claudication,
. various skin manifestations including psoriasiform eruptions or exacerbation of psoriasis (see precautions for use).
pneumonitis of immunoallergic origin.
AT THE BIOLOGICAL PLAN :
In rare cases, it has been possible to observe the appearance of antinuclear antibodies which only exceptionally accompany clinical manifestations such as lupus syndrome and cede at the end of treatment.